Heart and Vascular Centers at Bethesda North and Good Samaritan Hospitals
Bethesda North Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital are leaders in heart care, providing excellent, leading-edge heart and vascular care for more than a generation. Today, they offer the widest range of cardiac procedures in the region, including innovative approaches not available anywhere else.
Bethesda North Hospital
- Bethesda North Emergency and Cardiac teams have worked together to develop protocol that speeds heart attack patients to heart-saving angioplasty in an average of 50 to 60 minutes, much faster than the 90-minute national standard.
- Bethesda North's Emergency Department treats more
patients with acute heart attacks than any other Emergency Department in Cincinnati.
- Bethesda North Hospital performs more atrial fibrillation
ablations than any hospital in Greater Cincinnati— and is the first hospital in the Greater Cincinnati region to offer aninnovative cryoablation treatment using a cryoballoon.
- Bethesda North places more pacemakers to keep hearts beating in more patients each year than any other hospital in the Greater Cincinnati area.
- Bethesda North has established a multidisciplinary approach to vascular treatment that is the only one if its kind in the area.
Good Samaritan Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital was first in Cincinnati to use robotics in open heart surgery and has performed more robotic-assisted heart procedures than any hospital in the region.
- Good Samaritan Hospital is the only hospital in the region that routinely performs cardiac catheterizations and angioplasties using the radial artery in the wrist for coronary artery access.
- Good Samaritan Hospital was the first area hospital to use ablation to treat atrial fibrillation, and the first to offer non-surgical pacemaker lead extraction.
- Good Samaritan’s surgeons successfully treat mitral valve disease with mitral valve repairs rather than replacements in 90 percent of cases, outpacing the national average of 60 percent.
- As the regional leader in robotic-assisted surgery, Good Samaritan surgeons are utilizing robotic-assisted surgery for single- and multi-vessel bypass surgeries that would otherwise have necessitated full sternotomy or opening of the breastbone.
- TriHealth's research program, the Hatton Institute, is a leader in heart research with at least ten clinical trials always under way and several cardiac research studies published annually.
- TriHealth has equipped Advanced Life Support (ALS) squads in four counties of Greater Cincinnati with special monitors to allow paramedics to transmit EKG data directly to hospital personnel awaiting a heart attack patient's arrival. The advance notice allows quicker diagnosis and treatment of heart attacks.
- Bethesda North and Good Samaritan were the first hospitals in the region with a TMR laser for treatment of angina.
If you or someone you love needs cardiac care, choose Bethesda North or Good Samaritan hospital for the best heart care: the clinical expertise you need coupled with the compassionate care you deserve. For a cardiologist or cardiac surgeon who practices at Bethesda North or Good Samaritan, search our physician directory or call the TriHealth Referral Line at (513) 569-5400.
return to top