Sweet Spice-Rubbed Rib-Eyes
Juicy, flavorful rib-eye steaks are many people's favorites, and the sweet and spicy rub show them off to best advantage.
Prep Time: 5 minutes - Grill Time - 10 Minutes - Serves 4
- 4 rib-eye steaks, about 8 ounces each and about 1 inch thick
- 1 recipe Sweet Spice Rub (see below)
- Olive oil
- Preheat and oil the grill. Bring the steaks to room temperature.
- Press spice rub onto both sides of each steak.
- Grill the steaks over direct medium-high heat 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare, about 6 minutes per side for medium, or to desired doneness. Remove from the grill and let rest a few minutes before serving.
Sweet Spice Rub
You can vary the amount of chile powder to suit your tolerance for spiciness. The pure red chile powder used in this recipe is not the same thing as "chili" powder, which is less spicy and contains ground chiles, seasonings, and salt.
Prep Time: 10 minutes - MAKES about ½ cup
- ½ cup pure red chile powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt