Dream Dinners Beef Stir-Fry
This dish is the one that might just entice your children to eat their vegetables. The baby corn seems to intrigue them the most. Look for the leanest cut of beef you can find, and trim off any excess fat before slicing. Freezing the meat for 30 minutes before you slice it makes it easy to cut into thin, even slices. Serve over linguine, rice noodles, or rice.
- 1 ½ cups soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 3 pounds beef bottom round, cut into ¼ inch thick slices acrossthe grain
- 12 celery stalks, cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 3 carrot(s), sliced
- 3 15-ounce can(s) baby corn, drained
- 3 onion(s), thinly sliced
Putting the dinner together
- In a large bowl, combine the soy sauce, ginger, black pepper, red pepper flakes, peanut butter, and brown sugar and stir to incorporate. Add the beef and toss to coat. Place the celery, carrot(s), corn, and onion(s) into a separate bag.
For dinner tonight
- Heat a skillet over high heat. Add the meat and marinade mixture and cook just until the edges of the steak are browned, about 2 minutes. Add the vegetables and cook for 2 more minutes or until the vegetables are firm to the bite. Serve.