Faulty air conditioner sparks Avondale fire - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Faulty air conditioner sparks Avondale fire

Posted by Trina Edwards - email

AVONDALE, OH (FOX19) - Fire crews say a faulty air conditioner is to blame for an overnight fire.

Flames broke at about 4 a.m. Friday morning in a basement apartment off of Reading Road.

A family was inside the apartment at the time, but they made it out safely. Two people were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation, and one of those people was taken to the hospital as a precaution.

Damage is estimated at $40,000.

Copyright 2009 WXIX-TV and Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly