1 1/2 cups whole milk
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/2 cup brandy
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. In a blender, combine milk and eggs. Mix on medium-high speed until foamy, about 10 seconds. Turn blender to low speed and remove feed top. With blender going, add sugar and salt. Replace feed top and blend on high speed for a few seconds, then turn blender back to low. In the same manner, add butter, brandy, and vanilla, replacing feed top and blending for several seconds after each addition. Turn blender off. Add flour all at once and blend until just combined.
- 2. Place crêpe pan over medium high heat. With flexible spatula, spread a tiny amount of butter in pan and heat until butter just begins to smoke. Pour 1/4 to 1/3 cup batter into the pan. As you pour, quickly tilt the pan in all directions to spread a thin layer of batter across the bottom. Pour in just enough batter to cover the pan.
- 3. Cook crêpe over medium high heat until bubbles just begin to form on the exposed surface, about one to two minutes. Lift up the edge to check the cooking process.
- 4. When underside of crêpe is browned, flip and cook another minute or less, until other side is browned. Remove from pan and keep warm in the oven, loosely covered with foil. Repeat process until all batter is used. To serve, sprinkle each crêpe with powdered sugar, spread with jelly and fold or roll up, or top with fruit.
1 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons almond extract
4 egg yolks
1/3 cup white sugar
- 1. In a small, heavy saucepan, heat cream, vanilla, and almond until bubbles form at edges.
- 2. While cream is heating, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until smooth. Slowly pour 1/2 cup of hot milk mixture into egg yolks, whisking constantly. Gradually add egg yolk mixture back to remaining milk mixture, whisking constantly. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats the back of a spoon.