Casino backers say Cincinnati casino to open in 2 years - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Casino backers say Cincinnati casino to open in 2 years

Posted by Christi Reynard - email

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Ohio voters approved it on Election Day.  Now casino backers say Cincinnati's tables will be open for business in two years.

Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert joined his investment partners at Broadway Commons Tuesday.  That's where the Cincinnati casino is planned to be built.

Gilbert is the primary backer of the casinos that will open in Cincinnati and Cleveland, and says all the campaign promises that went into Issue 3 on the Ohio ballot will be kept. 

"Everything we committed to this community we're going to make good on. Everything we made relative to the jobs...five thousand jobs relative to construction and permanent employees we're going to make good on, " says Gilbert.

The current timeline puts groundbreaking in April of 2010. At that point all four Ohio casinos will pay its fees to the state, totaling $200 million. The plan is to have all the casinos open by 2012.

Copyright 2009 WXIX-TV and Raycom Media.  All Rights Reserved.  This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

  • FOX19 HeadlinesMore>>

  • Gunman in LA supermarket standoff arrested for murder

    Gunman in LA supermarket standoff arrested for murder

    Sunday, July 22 2018 8:49 AM EDT2018-07-22 12:49:27 GMT
    Sunday, July 22 2018 4:26 PM EDT2018-07-22 20:26:00 GMT
    (AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes). Los Angeles Police SWAT officers escort a group of people who were held for their safety by police across businesses surrounding a Trader Joe's supermarket, after a gunman held dozens of people hostage inside the store bef...(AP Photo/Damian Dovarganes). Los Angeles Police SWAT officers escort a group of people who were held for their safety by police across businesses surrounding a Trader Joe's supermarket, after a gunman held dozens of people hostage inside the store bef...

    Police say they're trying to determine what prompted a man to shoot his grandmother and then run into a busy Los Angeles supermarket and hold dozens of people hostage for hours.

    Full Story >

    Police say they're trying to determine what prompted a man to shoot his grandmother and then run into a busy Los Angeles supermarket and hold dozens of people hostage for hours.

    Full Story >
  • Inspector warned duck boat company of design flaws last year

    Inspector warned duck boat company of design flaws last year

    Saturday, July 21 2018 6:13 PM EDT2018-07-21 22:13:06 GMT
    Sunday, July 22 2018 4:25 PM EDT2018-07-22 20:25:47 GMT
    (AP Photo/Charlie Riedel). People view a row of idled duck boats in the parking lot of Ride the Ducks Saturday, July 21, 2018 in Branson, Mo. One of the company's duck boats capsized Thursday night resulting in several deaths on Table Rock Lake.(AP Photo/Charlie Riedel). People view a row of idled duck boats in the parking lot of Ride the Ducks Saturday, July 21, 2018 in Branson, Mo. One of the company's duck boats capsized Thursday night resulting in several deaths on Table Rock Lake.

    Since 1999, duck boats have been linked to the deaths of more than 40 people, with a troubled safety record on the road and water alike.

    Full Story >

    Since 1999, duck boats have been linked to the deaths of more than 40 people, with a troubled safety record on the road and water alike.

    Full Story >
  • UK police think boy, 3, was attacked with acid at store

    UK police think boy, 3, was attacked with acid at store

    Sunday, July 22 2018 11:04 AM EDT2018-07-22 15:04:24 GMT
    Sunday, July 22 2018 4:11 PM EDT2018-07-22 20:11:11 GMT
    A general view of the Home Bargains store where a man is accused of an acid attack on a young boy, in Worcester, England, Sunday. British police say a 3-year-old boy suffered severe burns on his face and arm. (Matthew Cooper/PA via AP)A general view of the Home Bargains store where a man is accused of an acid attack on a young boy, in Worcester, England, Sunday. British police say a 3-year-old boy suffered severe burns on his face and arm. (Matthew Cooper/PA via AP)

    British police say a 3-year-old boy suffered severe burns on his face and arm during a suspected acid attack that investigators think was deliberate.

    Full Story >

    British police say a 3-year-old boy suffered severe burns on his face and arm during a suspected acid attack that investigators think was deliberate.

    Full Story >
Powered by Frankly