WALTON, KY (FOX19) - Hundreds of people showed up at Walton-Verona Middle/High School hoping to get the H1N1 vaccine.
The vaccine clinic began at 10 a.m. on Saturday morning. By 10:30 a.m., nearly 1,000 people were waiting in line.
FOX19's Regina Russo spoke with Reporter Corey McConnell who is with her family attending the clinic. She says that the line stretches around the school and down the block about a quarter of a mile.
- The clinic will be held until 4:00pm and will focus in the first tier target groups:
- All people 6 months through 24 years of age( parents must be present to provide consent)
- People who care for children younger than 6 months of age
- Health care and emergency service personnel
- Persons aged 25 through 64 years who have health conditions associated with higher risk of medical complications from influenza.
Another clinic is planned for next Saturday, November 21 at Summit View Middle School in Independence, KY. The clinic will be held from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
We will have the latest on the FOX19 Ten O' Clock News.