Posted by Amber Jenkins - email
OAKLEY, OH (FOX19) - A family of five is displaced after a fire in Oakley Sunday morning.
A short time after 10 a.m., Cincinnati fire crews were called to the 3500 block of Rawson Place for a report of a fire. Officials say there was heavy smoke coming from the basement area. The main body of the fire was put out in 10 minutes. Crews stayed on the scene, making sure the hidden fires were all extinguished.
Fire crews have determined that the cause of the fire was a faulty electric clothes dryer.
Damages is estimated to be at $15,000.
One adult and four children were displaced.
(Copyright 2009 WXIX-TV and Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)