Boy burned in Ky. fire goes home - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Boy burned in Ky. fire goes home

Landon Cooper Landon Cooper

Posted by Trina Edwards - email

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - A 4-year-old boy who was seriously burned in a fire in Maysville, Ky. went home Tuesday.

Landon Cooper has been a patient at the Shriners Hospital Burn Unit since Dec. 11. He suffered burns to his over half of his body when his family's mobile home caught fire.

Investigators say too many Christmas lights plugged into one outlet likely sparked the fire.

Landon says he is looking forward to seeing his two brothers and sister, who he hasn't seen in over a month, and also playing basketball and watching Scooby Doo.

Landon was expected to stay in the hospital for around 50 days, but recovered faster than doctors thought he would.

"He bounced back quicker than they expected," said Angela Cooper, Landon's mother. "He's a strong, healthy boy and has a lot going for him."

Angela Cooper says Landon still has a long way to go and will have to receive special care at home. He has also yet to have his fingers grafted after they were burned to the bone.

"We're gonna take it one day at a time and get through this," said Angela Cooper.

The Coopers lost nearly everything in the fire, and are staying with family until they get their new mobile home in a few weeks.

 


 

Previous stories:

Copyright 2010 WXIX-TV and Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly