2 rescued from Clifton fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

2 rescued from Clifton fire

Posted by Trina Edwards - email

CLIFTON, OH (FOX19) - Two people were rescued from an apartment fire Wednesday morning in Clifton.

Flames broke out just after 1 a.m. in the 300 block of Clifton Avenue.

When crews arrived, they found a working fire on the 2nd floor of a 3-story multi-dwelling. Two occupants were trapped on the 3rd floor balconies and firefighters had to utilize a ladder to rescue the occupants before attacking the fire.

The firefighters were able to knock the fire down quickly. Those rescued were not injured, but a firefighter had to be taken to the hospital after he stepped in a hole that was covered by snow.

One adult occupant was displaced and is staying with friends.

The cause of the fire was an unattended candle left burning on a book shelf. There were no working smoke detectors in the apartment. Damage is estimated at $10,000.

Powered by Frankly