Woman claims fake 20-dollar bill came from her ATM - Cincinnati News, Weather, Sports from FOX19 NOW-WXIX

Woman claims fake 20-dollar bill came from her ATM

By Stefano DiPietrantonio – bio |email

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX10) - Imagine this. You go to the ATM to get some cash and the next thing you know, you're facing five to ten years in prison!

That's the situation a local woman is in, despite the fact that she claims she did nothing wrong.

"I went and tried to pay for some gas," said Candice Walker.

That was Thursday, February 11th. Candice Walker had just gone to the ATM at the Cincinnati Credit Union.

"One of the 20 dollar bills that they gave me out the Genie machine was fake," said Walker. And that's when Candice Walker's life would change forever.

"They took the money and called Kentucky Police and they took me to jail," she said. "I was humiliated yesterday, handcuffed in front of a store full of people for something I work every day hard, I have no time, I've never been a criminal, never been to jail, have no time to risk my freedom, my life, on 20 dollars."

She went before a judge and heard she could now be facing up to 5 to10 years in jail, charged as a felon.

"That's a class "c" felony," the Judge said. "That calls for a term in the state penitentiary of at least 5 years not to exceed ten years."

Walker said she never would have thought to question money coming out of a bank.

"You don't check to see if your money real or fake and I really didn't," she said. "I just put everything in my wallet that came out the Genie machine and didn't think anything of it."

"I have everything from when I deposited my money what I took out, what I went to go pay, and the rest of the money that came from the bank," she said.

Walker said she's contacting an attorney and was on her way back to the Cincinnati Credit Union, to see how a fake 20-dollar bill -- could have ever been dispensed from their ATM.

When FOX 19 tried to contact the credit union, they wouldn't comment on the matter.

Copyright 2010 WXIX-TV and Raycom Media. All Rights Reserved.

US arrests, accuses woman of acting as Russian agent

Monday, July 16 2018 4:09 PM EDT2018-07-16 20:09:37 GMT
    Monday, July 16 2018 4:20 PM EDT2018-07-16 20:20:08 GMT
    (AP Photo/Markus Schreiber). U.S. President Donald Trump, left, listens to Russian President Vladimir Putin during a press conference after their meeting at the Presidential Palace in Helsinki, Finland, Monday, July 16, 2018.(AP Photo/Markus Schreiber). U.S. President Donald Trump, left, listens to Russian President Vladimir Putin during a press conference after their meeting at the Presidential Palace in Helsinki, Finland, Monday, July 16, 2018.

Federal authorities have arrested a Russian woman accused of conspiring to infiltrate American political organizations at the direction of a senior Kremlin official.

Amazon's Prime Day runs into snags swiftly

Monday, July 16 2018 3:25 AM EDT2018-07-16 07:25:22 GMT
    Monday, July 16 2018 4:20 PM EDT2018-07-16 20:20:05 GMT
    (AP Photo/Patrick Semansky, File). FILE- In this Aug. 3, 2017, file photo, Myrtice Harris applies tape to a package before shipment at an Amazon fulfillment center in Baltimore. Amazon's Prime Day starts July 16, 2018, and will be six hours longer than...(AP Photo/Patrick Semansky, File). FILE- In this Aug. 3, 2017, file photo, Myrtice Harris applies tape to a package before shipment at an Amazon fulfillment center in Baltimore. Amazon's Prime Day starts July 16, 2018, and will be six hours longer than...

This year's sales event, which starts Monday afternoon, will be six hours longer than last year's and will launch new products.

Amazon site overwhelmed by glitches on Prime Day

Monday, July 16 2018 4:13 PM EDT2018-07-16 20:13:29 GMT
    Monday, July 16 2018 4:18 PM EDT2018-07-16 20:18:47 GMT
    The errors were noticeable on both mobile and desktop. (Source: Amazon.com/CNN)The errors were noticeable on both mobile and desktop. (Source: Amazon.com/CNN)

The errors were noticeable on both mobile and desktop.

The errors were noticeable on both mobile and desktop.