Posted by Amber Jenkins - email
LUDOLW, KY (FOX19) --Three people were sent to the hospital after a chemical mix sends fumes throughout a chemical company Thursday afternoon.
A short time before 6:00pm, Ludlow emergency crews were called to a chemical company located on Sandbank Road off of Adela Avenue.
According to fire crews the company makes chemicals like bleach, deck cleaner and drain cleaner. Workers were mixing chemicals from barrels into a large vat, then into a system to a holding tank outside.Apparently something in the barrels mixed and fumes filled the area.
When fire crews arrived, the doors were already open to air the building out.
Three people were taken to the hospital. Others refused treatment at the scene.