ERLANGER, KY (FOX19) - SUPERVALU and Remke Markets have announced an agreement for the transfer of ownership of six Greater Cincinnati bigg's stores and their pharmacies.
As part of the transaction, Remke will purchase the following locations:
- Highland Ridge, 3240 Highland Avenue, Cincinnati
- Western Hills, 5071 Glencrossing Way, Cincinnati
- Skytop, 5218 Beechmont Avenue, Cincinnati
- Hyde Park, 3872 Paxton Avenue, Hyde Park
- Mason Montgomery, 9600 South Mason-Montgomery Road, Mason Delhi, 5025 Delhi Road, Cincinnati
The transaction is expected to close in spring 2010 and will bring Remke Markets' complement of locally owned and operated stores to 13. Each of these locations will be supplied by the SUPERVALU distribution center in Xenia, Ohio.
SUPERVALU plans to close its five remaining bigg's stores before the end of May. These locations include:
- Eastgate, 4450 Eastgate Boulevard, Cincinnati
- Harrison, 10501 New Haven Road, Harrison
- Colerain, 8340 Colerain Avenue, Cincinnati
- West Chester, 4824 Union Center Boulevard, West Chester
- Florence, 4874 Houston Road, Florence (KY)
Prescription files at the Florence bigg's store will be transferred to Remke Market's Turfway store later this spring. The other four pharmacies' files will be transferred to another local company.