"IDOL GIVES BACK" KICKS OFF ONLINE AUCTION TO RAISE FUNDS FOR CHARITY TODAY AT WWW.IDOLGIVESBACK.ORG
Bid Now on Unique Items including an AMERICAN IDOL Top 10 Season Pass, Season Finale Tickets and Meet & Greet with Simon Cowell,
Vocal Lesson from Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi,
Autographed Sneakers from Ellen DeGeneres and More
Beginning today, IDOL GIVES BACK is partnering with auction management agency, Vonality, to launch an online auction in which AMERICAN IDOL fans from around the country will be able to bid on a unique selection of donated items and once-in-a-lifetime experiences at www.idolgivesback.org. Net proceeds will benefit the IDOL GIVES BACK Foundation and the auction will run from Wednesday, April 7 to 11:59 PM PT on Tuesday, April 20.
IDOL GIVES BACK, airing Wednesday, April 21 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed) on FOX, will raise awareness and funds to benefit charities, including Children's Health Fund, Feeding America, Malaria No More, Save the Children's U.S. Programs and the United Nations Foundation. Viewers can help support IDOL GIVES BACK and its beneficiaries by bidding on the auction items before the show airs.
Items featured in the online auction include:
• AMERICAN IDOL Top 10 Season Pass – This package gives the bearer two seats to every performance and results show next season from the Top 10 through the star-studded finale.
• AMERICAN IDOL Finale Tickets and Meet & Greet With Simon Cowell – Two tickets to the AMERICAN IDOL Season Nine Finale on Wednesday, May 26 as well as a Meet & Greet with Simon Cowell.
• AMERICAN IDOL-Themed Samsung Strive™ Mobile Phone – One-of-a-kind limited edition AMERICAN IDOL-themed Samsung Strive with one year of free service.
• Kara DioGuardi & Randy Jackson Private Vocal Lesson – In-studio vocal lesson and professional expertise provided by AMERICAN IDOL judges Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi.
• A Pair of Autographed Sneakers & "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" VIP Package – A pair of sneakers autographed by Ellen DeGeneres, four premium seats to a taping of "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and a VIP tour of the "Ellen" set.
• Electrolux Premium Kitchen and Laundry Appliances – This package entitles the bearer to choose up to $13,000 worth of premium kitchen and laundry appliances. Delivery, installation and removal/disposal of old appliances also included.
• Autographed T-Shirt from Simon Cowell's Wardrobe - An autographed Simon Cowell t-shirt from the judge's wardrobe.
• Autographed Authentic Coca-Cola Judges Cup - As seen on AMERICAN IDOL, Coca-Cola Judges cup autographed by Simon, Ellen, Randy, Kara and Ryan (one cup per winner, four total winners).
Additional auction items to be announced soon. Go to www.idolgivesback.org for full details and restrictions.
The brainchild of Simon Fuller, IDOL GIVES BACK has made history by raising over $140 million for charity to date. As previously announced, News Corporation, Ford Motor Company, Coca-Cola, AT&T and ExxonMobil will return as corporate sponsors of IDOL GIVES BACK and will generously donate to the historic Emmy Award-winning television event. Viewers will once again be able to make donations during and following the show. In addition, the week's voting results will be revealed, sending one of the finalists home.
AMERICAN IDOL is created and executive-produced by Simon Fuller, founder of 19 Entertainment; and executive-produced by Cecile Frot-Coutaz, CEO, FremantleMedia North America; and Ken Warwick, executive producer, FremantleMedia North America. The series features host Ryan Seacrest and judges Simon Cowell, Ellen DeGeneres, Kara DioGuardi and Randy Jackson.
Vonality is the market leader for developing and managing high profile, fan and cause-based social commerce campaigns, using its e-commerce and auction platform for high-profile entertainers, celebrities, entertainment media companies, retailers, corporate brands and non-profit organizations. Vonality's experience has helped to develop award winning cause based marketing campaigns and for-profit initiatives that have opened up new revenue opportunities for its clients and partners. For more information about Vonality and how we help to spark brands and increase fortunes visit www.Vonality.com
Visit americanidol.com for more information on IDOL GIVES BACK in addition to exclusive videos, photos, special behind-the-scenes information and all of your AMERICAN IDOL news.