Posted by Amber Jenkins - email
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -- Several people were taken to area hospitals after a fire breaks out in an apartment complex Friday evening.
Cincinnati Fire crews were called to the 7600 block of Reading Road for a report of a fire a short time before 8:30pm. When crew arrived on the scene, heavy smoke was seen coming from the second floor of the residential high rise for seniors. A second alarm was issued due to the size, time of day and type of building.
Several people were rescued by Cincinnati firefighters. Some of the residents received medical evaluations from paramedics while several others were transported to area hospitals.
Damage was extensive to the second floor and damage is estimated to be at $50,000 dollars.
Authorities say that the cause of the fire appears to be cooking related. Smoke detectors were working and alerted residents.