MIDDLETOWN, Ohio (AP) - An autopsy indicates that a city worker in Ohio died from fumes when he fell into a manhole.
A Butler County coroner's investigator says 31-year-old Middletown maintenance worker Jabin Lakes died from lack of oxygen, not from Friday's 20-foot drop.
However, authorities are still trying to identify what kind of fumes caused him to die and sent three firefighters to hospitals for treatment.
Investigator Clint Nigg says it could take three to six weeks before toxicology tests are completed, and that they might not be conclusive.
He says Lake's autopsy Monday showed that the husband and father of two children had no health issues that contributed to his death.
(Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)