Firefighter injured in fire started by candle - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Firefighter injured in fire started by candle

WINTON TERRACE, OH (FOX19) - A firefighter suffered minor injuries in a fire crews say was started by a candle.

Flames broke out in an apartment on Craft Avenue around 5:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. Crews say the family was using a candle because their power was out.

No one in the family was hurt. The firefighter suffered a knee injury, but is expected to be OK.

The fire caused about $35,000 in damage and also caused water damage to an apartment below.

Copyright 2010 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly