• Appoint one adult to be in charge. This person should know the hazards of each type of
firework being used.
• Carefully read and follow the label directions on the trick and novelty device packaging.
• Light only one sparkler at a time and hold it away from your body and others.
• Sparkler wires, which can burn up to 1800 degrees, should immediately be placed in a
bucket of water to avoid injury as they remain hot for a few minutes after burnout.
• If someone gets burned, run cool water over the wound for two or three minutes and seek
medical attention when necessary.