House fire in Avondale caused by fireworks - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

House fire in Avondale caused by fireworks

AVONDALE, OH (FOX19) - Five people have been displaced and are being assisted by the Red Cross after a house fire Sunday that was the result of fireworks.

Around 3:45pm, Cincinnati Fire crews were called the 400 block of Catherine Avenue for a report of a house fire at the rear deck of the home.

Arriving crews found that the fire had extended into the attic space. Because of the heat and the fire conditions, a second alarm was issued. Fire crews were ordered out of the home and they fought the fire defensively.

Authorities said the cause of the fire was due to children playing with fireworks and that there was no one inside the building at the time of the fire.

Damage is estimated to be at $80,000. Authorities said no one was injured in the incident but warn parents to be careful about letting children play with fireworks.

Copyright 2010 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.

 

Powered by Frankly