Air conditioner blamed for Covington fire

COVINGTON, KY (FOX19) - A faulty air conditioning unit appears to be the cause of an overnight fire in Covington.

Firefighters responded to Crescent Avenue shortly before 3 a.m. Wednesday morning and were able to bring the fire under control quickly.

The occupants were able to escape the home unhurt, and firefighters were able to rescue the family's dog from the fire. The dog's name is Duchess, and family members say Duchess has a history of defying death.

"They said she wasn't going to live for another two months, and she's been living for five months since they said she wasn't going to make it. She's got a blood disease. But because she gets so much love, God made a way for her. She survived through this fire. And when people see it on TV, they are going to say God is powerful," one relative told FOX19.

=Copyright 2010 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.