Fire at Group Home in Hamilton - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Explosion injures firefighter at group home in Hamilton

HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) -- One fire fighter was injured after a backdraft or smoke explosion at the Transitional Living Complex in Hamilton overnight. Fire Lieutenant Joe Stamper received minor injuries.

He was transported to Ft Hamilton Hospital where he was treated and released.

Firefighters were responding to the fire which broke out around 4:00 this morning at the Transitional Living Complex in the 2000 block of Princeton Road. 

When fire fighters arrived there was something burning on the exterior of a building.  When fire fighters entering the building the explosion occurred and sent building debris 60 feet from the building and injuring the fire fighter.

The explosion appears to be linked to a fire in a confined space area.

Additional trucks were then called to the scene and the fire was controlled quickly.

The cause of the fire was determined to be electrical in nature, an outside light which was attached to the building.

According to the department the residents of the home were evacuated and there were no other injuries. 

Damage is estimated to be near 50,000 dollars.

 

 

 

Powered by Frankly