CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19)- A SMOG Alert issued Monday has been extended through Wednesday for Boone, Butler, Campbell, Clermont, Hamilton, Kenton and Warren counties.
Air pollution levels are expected to continue to be in the range considered unhealthy for sensitive groups. The Regional Ozone Coalition recommends children, people with respiratory problems and the elderly stay indoors during the Smog Alert.
Here are some suggestions from the Regional Ozone Coalition:
- Keep your vehicle maintained.
- Keep tires well inflated.
- Refuel after 6:00 p.m. and don't top off.
- Don't idle your vehicle.
- Avoid quick acceleration and sudden stops as they increase fuel consumption.
- Take the bus. Contact Metro at (513) 621-4455, TANK at (859) 331-8265, or CTC at (513) 732-7433 for more information.
- Carpool. Find neighbors going in your direction and share a ride. Contact RideShare at 241-RIDE for more information.
- Stay healthy and ride a bike, walk, roller blade or skateboard short distances.
For more information, visit www.DoYourShare.org or call 1-800-621-SMOG