1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
3 tablespoons green onions, minced
1 teaspoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 jar (2-oz.) pimento, drained
1 block (8-oz.) sharp Cheddar cheese
1 ounce (8-oz. package) cream cheese
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a jar, cover tightly and shake vigorously to combine. Set marinade aside.
- Cut block of Cheddar cheese in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices; set aside. Using a knife dipped in very hot water and wiped dry in between slices, cut the cream cheese into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Arrange cheese slices alternately in a shallow baking dish, standing slices on edges. Pour the marinade over the cheese slices. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Transfer cheese slices to a serving platter in the same alternating fashion, reserving marinade. Spoon marinade over cheese slices. Use cheese forks; serve with assorted crackers.
Guacamole and Chicken Tostadas
1 ripe peeled avocado
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons finely chopped tomato, divided
3 tablespoons minced fresh onion, divided
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1 small garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon minced, seeded jalapeño pepper
2 cups shredded skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken breast
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
6 (6-inch) corn tostada shells
- Place avocado in a small bowl; mash with a fork. Stir in 2 tablespoons tomato, 1 tablespoon onion, 1 tablespoon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and garlic.
- In a different bowl, combine remaining 1 cup tomato, 2 tablespoons onion, 1 tablespoon lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cilantro, and jalapeño; toss well.
- In a third bowl, combine chicken, remaining 1 tablespoon juice, and paprika; toss well to combine. Spread about 1 tablespoon guacamole over each tostada shell; top each with 1/4 cup chicken mixture and about 2 tablespoons salsa. Garnish with lime wedges (optional).
Graham Cracker Crust
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk, chilled
1 (12 ounce) container whipped topping, thawed
1 (6 fluid ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate, keep frozen
1 teaspoon candied lemon peel