HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) - A teenager who raped and robbed his 64-year-old neighbor was sentenced Friday.
Alexis Ramirez, 15, will spend 28 years behind bars. He will also be registered as a third tier sexual predator and faces deportation to his home country of Mexico when he gets out of prison because he is in the U.S. illegally.
Ramirez pled no contest in August and was found guilty of aggravated robbery, aggravated burglary, felonious assault; two counts of kidnapping, three counts of rape and tampering with evidence.
Ramirez, who was 14 at the time of the crime, raped his neighbor in her Liberty Township home in January. He then forced her to drive him to an ATM to get money and stole her purse.
Ramirez could have received up to 83 years in prison. At 14 years old, he was at the youngest age possible to be tried as an adult.
Both Ramirez and the victim spoke during sentencing.
- Teen guilty of raping 64-year-old neighbor; faces 83 years in prison
- Teen indicted in Butler County rape case
- New details in the case of 14-year-old rape suspect
- Ramirez competency hearing delayed
- Community rallies around 64-year old rape victim
- 14-year-old accused of raping woman back in court
- Teen rape suspect changes his plea
- Butler Co. teen pleads not guilty to raping neighbor