Students evacuated after gas leak in Bellevue High School

NEWPORT, KY (FOX19) - Students are returning back to Bellevue High School after a gas leak this morning.  The leak occurred around 11 a.m.

School officials say that a couple of students were taken by their parents to a local hospital.  They were complaining of nausea.

School officials say the gas leak was not on school property but the gas was blown by the wind from downtown Newport into the school ventilation system.

The students were transported from the classroom to the gym down the street until the air cleared and then returned to the school.

Copyright 2010 by  All rights reserved.