Fatal fire ruled "accidental" - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Fatal fire ruled "accidental"

STONELICK TOWNSHIP, OH (FOX19) - The State Fire Marshall ruled Saturday's fatal fire as "accidental".

They say that the fire started at or near a dishwasher but they could not eliminate a faulty appliance or an electrical malfunction as the case of the fire.

The dish washer was turned over to the insurance company for further inspection.  Their investigators will work to determine if it was on any recall list or if it could have been the cause of the fire.

The fire started at around 9:00 a.m. Saturday morning on the 5800 block of Baas Rd. near OH-131. 54-year-old Kathy L. Carucci was pronounced dead at the scene.

Two other people who lived in the home were not present at the time of the fire.

There were working smoke detectors in the home at the time of the fire.

Stonelick Twp. Fire Chief Matt Rose said damage was contained inside the home.

"We called for a structure fire, but nobody's supposed to be in the house," said Rose. "Upon the guys going in, knocking the fire down. Doing the first initial primary search, they came across her."

As news spread, family, friends, even church members and Carucci's minister gathered to support one another and remember the victim.

"She touched the community in a lot of ways," said Graves. "A lot of people, my little brother worked for her since she was out of high school. He's still with her. Everybody here. She's just an angel to everybody. She's a beautiful, beautiful woman."

Powered by Frankly