Investigators say apartment fire started in chimney

FOREST PARK, OH (FOX19) - Fire crews battled an apartment fire Tuesday morning.

Several fire units were called to an apartment complex in the 700 block of Northland Boulevard around 7:20 a.m.

Arriving crews found smoke coming from the roof of a chimney that serves to back-to-back apartment fireplaces. The fire was contained to the attic area with damage to the ceilings of the two apartments.

A tenant in one of the apartments had started a fire in their fireplace and there were several old bird nests in the chimney at the level of the ceiling.

No one was injured. The fire caused about $20,000 in damage.

Copyright 2010 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.