Reds reportedly sign Bruce to $51 million deal - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Bruce Deal Expected to be Finalized Early Next Week

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - ESPN reported late Thursday night that the Reds have agreed on a six year, $51 million contract with 23 year old right fielder Jay Bruce. 

The report says the contract has an option for a seventh year that could push the deal's total compensation to as much as $63 million.

The Reds have not confirmed the contract.

Mark Sheldon of Reds.com says Bruce is expected in Cincinnati Monday to take a physical and that the deal could be announced as soon as Tuesday.

Bruce hit .281 with 25 home runs and 75 RBI in 2010.

The Reds have also signed Bronson Arroyo and Miguel Cairo in the last week.

Copyright 2010 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly