Ohio woman dies after nightgown catches on fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Ohio woman dies after nightgown catches on fire

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - Fire officials say a 78-year-old Ohio woman died after her nightgown caught fire as she made tea on a gas stove early Christmas morning.

Columbus Fire Battalion Chief David Whiting says Rosamond Lombardi was alone at the time but was able to call 911 and tell medics how the blaze started. She was taken to a hospital and died later on Saturday.

The Franklin County coroner says Lombardi had burns over about 70 percent of her body.

Lombardi's daughter, Debbie Holland, told The Columbus Dispatch the fire occurred as she was traveling home to North Carolina after spending a memorable Christmas Eve with her mother. Whiting says there was little damage to Lombardi's home.

 (Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Powered by Frankly