Fire starts in chimney of wood-burning stove

NORTH COLLEGE HILL, OH (FOX19) - A fire in the chimney of a wood-burning stove spread to the back wall of a home on Dordine Lane Sunday.

The NCH Fire Department was called out around noon and found smoke pouring out the chimney and adjacent section of wall.  This was in a room that was added to the back of a house,  in a unit that would be used to heat the room.

The fire was knocked down pretty quickly.  Damage was mostly at the back of the home.  The couple who lives there is staying with relatives for the time being.  The NCH Fire Department doesn't have its own investigators on staff, so state investigators will determine the cause of the fire.

Copyright 2011 FOX19.  All rights reserved.