WALNUT HILLS, OH (FOX19) - Firefighters were at the scene of a 2-alarm fire in Walnut Hills Wednesday night.
The fire started around 7 p.m. in the 2600 block of Melrose Avenue in Walnut Hills.
Initial arriving fire units reported nothing showing in a three-story with an attic frame single family dwelling. However, upon further investigation it was determined that there was an odor of smoke and a light smoke condition within the dwelling. Upon opening some walls, it was determined that an advanced fire condition was present in a rear wall from the basement to the attic space.
Firefighters conducted an aggressive interior fire attack on multiple floors, but the fire advanced into the attic space. Fire conditions deteriorated in the attic and firefighters were withdrawn from the building until the fire could be brought under control from the exterior.
The fire was put out within a half hour. All of the occupants escaped safely and no injuries were reported.
The cause and origin of the fire was due to an electrical short circuit. Damage is estimated at $50,000.