MIDDLETOWN, OH (FOX19) - The man caught on dashcam video beating a police officer during a traffic stop last year has been sentenced to six years in prison.
It took a jury only an hour to decide the sentence of Eric German, 46, who was found guilty of felonious assault on a police officer, impersonating a police officer and obstruction of official business.
German's trial began Monday and was found guilty on Wednesday.
On July 21, 2010, Officer Jason Deaton pulled him over when German got out and started fighting him. The whole incident was caught on dash cam video.
Deaton returned to work in September after undergoing reconstructive surgery.
- Man caught on tape beating Middletown police officer found guilty
- Trial begins for man caught on tape beating a police officer
- Man involved in cop scuffle pleads not guilty
- Man indicted for scuffle with officer that was caught on tape
- Dash cam video shows scuffle between cop, suspect
- Officer attacked before arresting man for hit and run