CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) – The United States Marshals announce the arrest of a man wanted in the brutal attack of an elderly homeless man.
Police arrested 25 year-old Michael Hesson in Hamilton late Tuesday night. Hesson is accused of stomping the head of John Johnson, an elderly homeless man, in early January of 2010.
According to a press release from the U.S. Marshals, Hesson has also been charged with Reckless Homicide stemming from the shooting death of Janice Svajda in Norwood on Jan. 7. A warrant was issued for his arrest when he did not show up in court on that charge.
Chief Deputy U.S. Marshal Patrick Sedoti stated, "The primary mission of the U.S. Marshal Task Force is to track and arrest violent offenders. This arrest shows how federal, state, and local agencies are dedicated to making the streets safer in our communities."
Hesson is expected to be in court Wednesday morning.
- Warrant issued for man indicted in connection with girlfriend's accidental shooting
- Ex-soldier, friend indicted in woman's accidental death
- Soldier who beat up homeless man charged with accidentally shooting woman
- Ex-soldier charged in Ohio shooting held on bond
- Soldier pleads no contest in homeless attack
- Four indicted in homeless man beating
- Soldiers accused of beating Cincinnati homeless man
- Arrest made in homeless man beating