Fire Department: Child playing with matches causes fire

HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) - The Hamilton Fire Department reports the cause of a fire in Hamilton Monday afternoon was a child playing with matches.

The Red Cross is helping the family of five.

Fire officials tell FOX19 the fire began on the second floor of the two story home just before 3 p.m. in the 1200 block of Lane Street. It took fire fighters about 20 minutes to get the blaze under control.

Fire officials do not have a damage estimate yet. No one was hurt and fire alarms were working in the home.

Copyright 2011 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.