Ash Tray Dumped in Trash Causes Fire - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Ash Tray Dumped in Trash Causes Fire

HARRISON, OH (FOX19) - An ash tray that was dumped into a trash can caused a fire in a mobile home in Harrison, OH.

The home is located at 160 Citation Circle in Harrison, OH. The home is a trailer at Rolling Acres Mobile Home Park.

The Fire Chief tells FOX19 that the fire was started when someone dumped an ash tray in a trash can before going back to bed.

They eventually smelled smoke, heard popping noises coming from the trash can and spotted the fire.

The fire was contained in the back bedroom. There was some smoke damage and water damage from putting out the fire in bedroom.

The family escaped and no injuries were reported.

No other damage is being reported at this time.

FOX19 will bring you more information as it becomes available.

Copyright 2011 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly