CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The 7th Annual Findlay Market Mardi Gras challenges the winter weather on Sunday.
The event is family-friendly, free and open to the public.
Market merchants will compete for best Mardi Gras decorations, costumes, food and spirit.
The contest will be judged from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. First and second place winners will be announced after the crowning of the Mardi Gras King and Queen.
Shoppers will enjoy:
- Decorations in the Market House
- Free Mardi Gras beads given away by the Friends of Findlay Market
- 11:15 a.m. crowning of Mardi Gras King and Queen/Merchant Contest
- Noon Jazz Parade through the Market Square
- Market merchants will feature Cajun specialties
- Market Wines features a special wine tasting fundraiser to benefit the Market
- OTR Biergarten open in the Music Tent
Music performances by:
- Lagniappe (10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.)
- Robin Lacy and DeZydeco (12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.)
- Ricky Nye Inc. (1:45 p.m. - 2:45 p.m.)
- The Medicine Men (3:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.)
Come enjoy free samples of a traditional low country crawfish boil beginning at Noon through 3:00 p.m.
Findlay Market is located in OTR on Elder between Elm and Race Streets.