HAMILTON, OH (FOX19) - A Hamilton man was sentenced to 30 years in prison after a motion to withdraw his guilty plea was denied. He pled guilty in January to holding a woman captive and raping her for 10 days.
On Friday, William Manis filed a motion asking the judge to withdraw his guilty plea he had made in the case. After a hearing on Tuesday, the judge denied the request to withdraw the plea, and sentenced Manis to 30 years in prison.
Manis, 44, pled guilty in January to 18 counts of rape and one count of kidnapping.
Police say Manis planned to sell a 22-year-old victim as a sex slave.
- Man pleads guilty to holding woman hostage for 10 days and raping her
- Hamilton rape suspect pleads not guilty by reason of insanity
- Man accused of holding woman in closet, raping her indicted
- Police explore home of man accused of keeping woman in closet, raping her
- Woman who says she was held in closet, raped repeatedly speaks out
- Police: Woman was repeatedly raped while bound in closet