COLUMBUS, OH (FOX19) - The Office of the Ohio Consumers' Counsel (OCC) advises customers of Cincinnati Bell that rates for basic local exchange service primary and additional lines will increase in the following communities, effective March 17:
- Cincinnati Metropolitan area - Rate Band 1
o Cincinnati exchange (customers served by all offices except Miami and Sayler Park) from $21.95 to $23.20 per month
o Hamilton exchange (Crescentville or Fairfield) from $21.95 to $23.20 per month
o Clermont exchange (Cherry Grove office) from $18.20 to $19.45 per month
- Cincinnati suburban areas – Rate Band 2
o Cincinnati exchange (Miami and Sayler Park) from $22.95 to $24.20 per month
o Hamilton exchange (Hamilton central office) from $22.95 to $24.20 per month
o Clermont exchange (Batavia, Hamlet or Tobasco) from $19.20 to $20.45 per month
o Bethany, Harrison, and Little Miami exchanges from $20.45 to $21.70 per month
- Cincinnati outlying areas - Rate Band 3
o Williamsburg exchange from $21.45 to $22.70 per month
o Clermont (New Richmond) and Newtonsville exchanges from $20.20 to $21.45 per month
o Bethel, Reily, Seven Mile and Shandon exchanges from $18.95 to $20.20 per month
Customers who are unsure which exchange serves them should contact Cincinnati Bell at 1-888-772-6119.
The Public Utilities Commission of Ohio granted Cincinnati Bell authority to increase its basic service rates over the OCC's objections. The changes represent the maximum allowable monthly increases under Ohio's new telecommunications law.
In addition, the following directory assistance (DA) services will increase from $1.75 per month to $1.99 per month effective March 17:
- DA Service (Direct Dialed and Operator Dialed)
- National DA (Direct Dialed and Operator Dialed)
- Business Category Search
- Reverse Search (locates a name and address when a telephone number is provided)
The following additional changes, effective April 1, 2011, will occur for residential customers in Rate Band 2:
- Prices for "Complete Connections," a service that includes bundled local and long distance options, will increase from $24.99 per month to $27.99 per month for customers with one or multiple lines.
- Vacation Service for "Complete Connections" pricing will change from $12.50 per month to $14.00 per month. Prices will increase to $27.99 per month when returning to standard service. This is for customers with one or multiple lines.
- Remote Call Forwarding prices will increase from $19.00 per month to $29.00 per month.
- The monthly price for an Unlisted Phone Number will increase from $3.92 to $4.95.