1 injured in flashfire at Cincinnati State - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

1 injured in flashover fire at Cincinnati State

CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - Fire crews were at Cincinnati State Wednesday morning after a small electrical explosion.

It happened around 7:40 a.m. in the ATLC building, which houses a cafeteria, auditorium, lounging rooms and classrooms.

Cincinnati State President Dr. O'dell Owens said a private electrician was doing some work when a small flashover fire occurred. The electrician was taken to the hospital with minor burns to his face and hands. His name and condition have not been released.

Dr. Owens said the incident knocked out power to that area of campus, so the campus is running on a backup generator. Duke Energy crews are working to restore power.

FOX19.com will update this story as more information becomes available.

Copyright 2011 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly