Unattended candle causes house fire in Hamilton - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

Unattended candle causes house fire in Hamilton

The Hamilton Fire Department says an unattended candle is responsible for an early morning house fire Thursday.

The fire department was called to a house on the 2200 block of Elmo Ave. at about 6:00 am Thursday. Four Engines Companies, one Truck Company, one Medic Unit, one Battalion Chief responded to the scene.

When crews arrived flames were coming out of a second story window. Crews say were able to put out the fire quickly. Crews remained on the scene for another hour and a half.

One occupant of the house had already exited the house before the fire department arrived. No injuries were reported.

Copyright 2011 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly