MEXICO CITY (AP) - The U.S. State Department says an American man was among dozens of people reportedly pulled by gunmen off passenger buses in northeastern Mexico, where 72 bodies were found in mass graves last week.
The information comes from the U.S. Consulate in the state of Tamaulipas. None of the missing passengers pulled off buses in the state has been found. The consulate is located in the city of Matamoros, across the border from Brownsville, Texas.
In a warden's message issued Sunday on its website, the consulate said it had received three reports recently from U.S. citizens or their families of passenger buses being boarded by criminals.
The consulate is advising U.S. citizens to not travel by public bus or private transportation in Tamaulipas.