Five local college students will share $7,000 in scholarships generated by sponsors and participants in The Circuit's 2010 Scholarship Golf Outing, presented by ISOCNET – The Internet Company.
The Circuit's Scholarship Golf Outing took place on May 17th, 2010 at the Triple Crown Country Club in Union, Ky. More than 100 golfers and sponsors helped raise the scholarship funds; the most in the history of the event. The five scholarships recipients included:
• Aaron Napier, Cincinnati State Technical and Community College – Graduate of Deer Park High School in Harrison, Ohio, pursing an associate's degree in business computer programming and data management
• Austin Brashear, Northern Kentucky University – Graduate of La Salle High School, pursing a degree in computer information technology
• Fred Denver Coulson, III, Miami University – Graduate of Loveland High School, pursuing a degree in computer science
• Joseph Brennan, Northern Kentucky University – Graduate of Newport Central Catholic High School, pursing a degree in computer science
• Joshua Telecsan, University of Cincinnati – Graduate of Cincinnati Christian Schools, pursing a bachelor's degree in information technology
"It's an absolute thrill for us to be able to award five scholarships this year to some very worthy recipients," said Al Early, vice president, professional services for Cincinnati Bell, and The Circuit's golf committee chairperson. "Because we had an additional one-time grant of $2,000 from Ohio's IT Alliance, we are able to have a broader impact with the allocations. We look forward to watching the recipients grow in their technology pursuits and have a further positive impact on our local community and industry as a whole."
"This is one of our favorite times of the year as we have the opportunity to help five deserving students with their academic pursuits," said Jim Cunningham, president of The Circuit. "The reactions when they get the news of "winning" are priceless, and certainly motivate us and our sponsors to continue to make each year's golf outing more successful. I want to personally thank our dedicated committee, sponsors and participants."
"As we head into our eighth year as the Diamond Sponsor of The Circuit's event, we are excited to see the players' and sponsors' loyalty to this annual event as the proceeds make such an impact on each of the scholarship recipients," said Rick Cummins, president of ISOCNET. "Every year, we look forward to the outing; for the opportunity to connect with the local IT community, play on the region's most prestigious courses, and help more students with their IT career pursuits. As per our tradition, we invite all IT companies and professionals to participate in this year's outing so that we can build upon last year's success."
The 2011 outing is scheduled for May 23rd at The Heritage in Mason, Ohio. For more information or questions regarding applications for the 2011-2012 Circuit IT Scholarship, visit The Circuit's website: www.thecircuit.net, or contact Connie at 513.563.3524 or email@example.com. Each year, the scholarship recipients are invited to assist with registration at the following year's outing. Proceeds from the 2011 golf event will provide scholarships for the fall 2011/2012 school year.
Copyright 2011 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.