Children safe after fire breaks out at Roselawn daycare

ROSELAWN, OH (FOX19) - Six children are safe after a fire broke out at a home in Roselawn that also serves as a daycare center.

Cincinnati Fire was called to the scene on the 7900 block of Stillwell Rd. at about 9:30 am Thursday morning. When they arrived, firefighters found a fire in the kitchen, caused by unattended food on the stove.

The residents of the home and the children staying at the daycare had already evacuated the building by the time firefighters had gotten there.

Firefighters were able to knock out the fire in about 10 minutes. The damage to the house is estimated at $2,500. There were no injuries at the fire.

Copyright 2011 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.