Starting April 20th, Time Warner Cable will make technical configurations to their local broadcast Digital Cable Channel Lineup. This means that if you are a Time Warner Cable customer, you will have to re-scan your Digital Television April 20th.
This announcement applies to local broadcast channel viewers who:
- Are Time Warner Cable subscribers only
- Have a DIGITAL TV connected directly to the cable
- And DO NOT have a Time Warner supplied cable box or DVR.
Why does this apply to those who meet the description above:
- Next Wednesday April 20th Time Warner Cable will make technical configurations to their local broadcast DIGITAL cable channel lineup only.
- Unless you re-scan you will not receive your local broadcast channels
- This does NOT affect those with legacy analog TVs
If the above criteria applies to you, this is what you need to do:
- After the morning of Wednesday April 20th you need to re-scan your DIGITAL TV.
- Consult the manual that came with your DTV under "Channel Scan". You may remember that channel scan was the first thing you had to do when you first turned the set on following your DTV purchase.
- The Channel Scan function is usually found listed as a "Menu" function under "Setup", "Configure", "Scan", "Channels", etc..
- Every manufacturer has their own label for it but they all have this function and they all do the same thing.
- Be patient, for some sets it can take up to 10 minutes.
- When your DTV has finished scanning for channels you should be able to dial up channel 19-1 (as well as the other local channels) and see WXIX Fox19 just as before.
- If all else fails or you have any questions, feel free to call (513) 421-1919 and ask for Chief Engineer - Jim Gilbert or Dir. Of Programming & Station Operations - Rick Oliver.