The Hamilton County Engineer's Office reports the following roads are closed:
2130 Elstun (Near deadend) -Landslide
5495 Hanley Rd (located between Sheed & Blue Rock)
9777 Weik Rd (approx. 1500 ft. S. of Dry Ridge)
Devils Backbone (Between Muddy Creek & Werk)
6398 Upper (600 ft. West of Cleves Warsaw)
Dugan Gap (Between Cliff & Lawrenceburg)
Per ODOT, the ramp from Ridge Avenue to southbound Interstate 71 (mile marker 8) will be closed at 8 p.m. Monday INDEFINITELY. Heavy rains have undermined the pavement. Repairs will begin, but could take substantial time.
Cliff Road, approximately 500 ft. west of Rittenhouse Road in Miami Township, will be closed beginning Friday May 6, 2011. The landslide correction will be performed by Hamilton County Engineer's maintenance forces and is anticipated to last until Friday, May 13, 2011 (weather permitting). Hamilton County's detour will be routed from Rittenhouse to Mt. Nebo to Lawrenceburg to Dugan Gap and vice versa. Dugan Gap remains closed to thru traffic. However, Cliff Road and Dugan Gap residents will have access via Dugan Gap.
State Route 133, between SR 222 and U.S. 52 is closed to thru traffic due to a landslide undermining the pavement. Detour is SR 222 to U.S. 52. Local traffic access is being maintained. Closure is for an indefinite time. The slide is caused by the heavy rainfall the area has experienced in recent days.
- KY 20 (Mile Hill Road) is closed from KY 8 to Hetzel Drive due to a slide, for approximately 2 weeks.
- KY 371 (Amsterdam Road) is closed from Deer Field Drive to KY 8 (5.5 - 6.9 mile marker) due to a land slide. Motorists should use Bromley-Crescent Springs Road or Sleepy Hollow as a detour.
- US 25 in Park Hills is reduced to one lane southbound due to a slide, just south of The Views condos.
- KY 1486 (Fowler Creek Road) is closed to thru traffic near KY 3035 at MP 4.2 due to a land slide.
- KY 8 (River Road) is reduced to one lane due to a pavement slide just west of Bromley (2 - 3 mile marker). Temporary traffic signals will be in place until repairs are complete.
- KY 2345 (John's Hill Road) – Road is closed to thru traffic from Sentinal Drive to 3-mile Road (2.1 – 3.1 mile-marker) due to a slide. Road will remain closed until repairs are complete. Local traffic will have access. Motorists should use 3-mile Road as a detour.
- KY 1998 (Pools Creek Road) is reduced to one lane due to a slide near the 0.8 mile marker.
- KY 8 (River Road Road) is reduced to one lane due to a slide near the 5.5 mile marker.
- KY 539 (Sante Fe-Milford Road) closed due to high water.
- KY 549 (Mound Hill Road) is reduce to one lane due to a pavement slide near KY 55 (0.10 mile marker). Message boards and signage are up to notify motorists of closure. Temporary traffic signals will be in place until repairs are complete.
- KY 467 (Glencoe-Sparta Road) is closed to thru traffic at Bridge 19 due to high water.
- KY 2850 (Baker Road) – Road is closed while crews install an aluminum box culvert at the 4.2 mile marker which is at the bottom of Baker Hill. Detours will be posted on Brown Road, KY 16, KY 16 and KY 2850. The road will be closed to through traffic. Local traffic will have access. Work is weather dependent.
- KY 2936 (Keefer Road) is reduced to one lane due to a slide near the 2.5 mile marker, approximately 1.2 miles west of US 25 Signs are posted warning motorists of the restriction as they approach the slide.
- KY 3016 (River Road) is closed in Harrison County due to high water.