City of Cincinnati reverses yard waste pick-up decision - Cincinnati News, FOX19-WXIX TV

City of Cincinnati reverses yard waste pick-up decision

The City of Cincinnati announced Thursday that it would be resuming the yard waste pick-up service that was previously cut in the 2011 budget.

The city cut the service during the budget process in order to cut spending. Now, Mayor Mark Mallory says that even though the budget is tight, the service will resume.

"The bottom line is we're going to make the collections. And the administration is going to give us periodic updates, let us know where we are. So we will track the process and if we get to the point where we need to allocate additional money, we'll do that," said Mayor Mallory at a press conference Thursday.

The mayor will join collection crews on Monday as services resume.

Copyright 2011 FOX19. All Rights Reserved.

Powered by Frankly