Graduation Brunch Torte
2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls, divided
1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
1/2 pound thinly sliced hard salami
1/2 pound sliced provolone cheese
1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained, sliced and patted dry
1. Place a greased 9-in. springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Securely wrap foil around pan. Separate one tube crescent dough into eight triangles; press onto bottom of prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until set.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, cook spinach and mushrooms in oil until spinach is wilted. Place between paper towels and blot to remove excess liquid. In a large bowl, whisk six eggs, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and pepper.
3. Layer prepared crust with half of the ham, salami, provolone cheese, red peppers, spinach mixture and egg mixture. Repeat layers.
4. Separate remaining crescent dough; press triangles together to form a top crust. Place over casserole. Whisk remaining egg; brush over dough.
5. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60 – 75 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cover loosely with foil if top begins to brown too quickly. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Let stand for 20 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!