COLERAIN TOWNSHIP, OH (FOX19) - The Northwest Board of Education has approved a resolution to ratify a tentative agreement with the Teachers Association.
The agreement is a 3-year contract extension with the association. The contract is effective on July 1, 2011 through June 30, 2014.
The contract agreement:
- Freezes all vertical salary step movement;
- Freezes the base on the salary;
- Enables horizontal salary moves for education;
- Freezes the salary on all supplemental contracts; and
- Institutes the provision that employees pay for all health care cost increases over 10% each year during the effective years of the contract.
- The Board will fund 50% of the deductible for the 2011-2012, 2012-2013, 2013-2014 school years for both single and family enrollees by depositing this amount in the enrolled member's Health Savings Account.
The Teachers Association membership ratified this agreement on May 20, 2011.