CINCINNATI (FOX19) - Signup time is now for the 10th annual Subway® Redlegs Run on Saturday, June 11, 2011. Those who register prior to May 30 receive a $5 discount on the 10K and 5K races.
The tag-timed 5K is one of the most unique races in the tri-state. The 3.1 mile course starts outside Great American Ball Park on Mehring Way, winds through downtown and finishes near home plate inside the ballpark. Over 3,400 runners and walkers participated in 2010.
New for 2011 is a 10K race to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the Redlegs Run.
A fundraising initiative has also been added for 2011. Participants can raise money for the Reds Community Fund and earn great Reds incentives such as autographed memorabilia, game tickets and unique ballpark experiences.
Online registration is available at a discounted rate through May 30 at reds.com/run.
After May 30, walk-up registration is available on race day or at the follow packet pickup dates:
• Saturday, June 4: 10am to 4pm at Fleet Feet Sports in Blue Ash (9525 Kenwood Road, 45242)
• Thursday, June 9: 10am to 6pm at Great American Ball Park (Crosley Terrace)
• Friday, June 10: Noon to 4pm at Great American Ball Park (Crosley Terrace)
• Saturday, June 11, 6am at Great American Ball Park (under ballpark near Gates 2 and 3)
The 10K starts at 7am for all walkers and runners. The 5K has a staggered start with elite runners and the first 2,000 to register beginning at 9am. All others will start at 9:10am. The One Mile Kids Run starts at 9:30am and Gapper's Kids Fun Run starts at 10:15am.
The Team Challenge 5K is a group of four people each running the 5K. All four 5K times are averaged together for the team time in men, women and co-ed divisions.
• 10K - $35 ($40 after May 30)
• 5K - $25 ($30 after May 30)
• Team Challenge 5K - $100, total for 4 people ($120 after May 30)
• One Mile Kids Run presented by United Healthcare - $15 (kids 12 and younger)
• Gapper's Kids Fun Run presented by United Healthcare - $10 (kids 10 and younger)
**All online registrations will incur a service charge
All participants receive a race T-shirt, post-race party in the Fan Zone and a voucher good for one View Level ticket for the August 8th or September 20th Reds game. 10K participants receive a technical shirt instead of a cotton t-shirt.
All proceeds will benefit the baseball-themed outreach programs of the Reds Community Fund. The 2010 Redlegs Run raised over $106,000 for the Reds Community Fund.