CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) - The Summer Series Kickoff on Fountain Square starts Friday, starting events that will continue throughout the summer.
Friday, from 5 p.m. until 10 p.m., the Naked Karate Girls will perform on the new P&G Music Stage. Food and drinks will be available for purchase from the Skyline food tent. There will also be a photo booth from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
The new P&G Music Stage will play host to music acts such as acts like Chip tha Ripper (June 4), Machine Gun Kelly (June 18) and Talib Kweli (July 30), and indie rock bands Asobi Seksu (June 24) and Neon Indian (returning to the Square June 10).
Below is the daily lineup of 3CDC events for Fountain Square 2011 starting Tuesday, May 31, and running through Labor Day:
· PNC Summer Music Series: FSQ Lounge 7-9pm Sophisticated, low-key jazz similar to the Cincinnatian Hotel's Cricket Lounge, only outdoors with a special guest each week backed by the Chris Comer Trio Special thanks to presenting sponsors New Amsterdam and E&J X.O., media sponsors WNKU and Business Courier, and the Cricket Lounge, official after-party location.
· Strauss & Troy Market: 11am-2pm Fresh produce, baked goods, prepared lunch foods, fresh flowers and distinctive handmade items. (Please note, there is no market May 31, the day after Taste of Cincinnati.)
· PNC Summer Music Series-Southern Sounds: 7-9pm Live country and blues bands. Special thanks to presenting sponsor Turner Construction.
· PNC Summer Music Series-Reggae Wednesday: 7-10pm Take a mid-week break to "island time" as reggae bands take the stage as we slowly cruise into the weekend. Special thanks to presenting sponsor Keating, Muething & Klekamp, media sponsor The Wiz, and Righteous Room, official after-party location.
· PNC Summer Music Series-Acoustic Thursday: 11:45am-1:15pm Lunchtime acoustic performances by local and touring performers. Special thanks to presenting sponsor Toyota and media sponsors WNKU and Cincinnati Business Courier.
· PNC Summer Music Series-Salsa on the Square: 7-10pm One of our most popular nights is back and hotter than ever. Salsa instructors are on hand to make sure the cha-cha and rumba are done just right. Special thanks to presenting sponsors Gain and State Farm Insurance, media sponsor Kiss 107, and Righteous Room, official after-party location.
· Freaky Fridays
- Coney Eating Contest (June 17)
- Water Balloon Toss (July 22)
- Ice Cream Eating Contest (Aug 19)
Special thanks to Freaky Friday media sponsor Rewind 94.9.
· PNC Summer Music Series-MidPoint's Indie Summer: 7-11pm Three of the hottest national and local indie bands around every Friday night and it's all free! Special thanks to presenting sponsor Goose Island, media sponsors City Beat, WNKU & FOX 19, and Mainstay Rock Bar, official after-party location.
· PNC Summer Music Series - Saturday SLAM: 7-11pm Fountain Square will be a destination for poets, singers, rappers and writers as local, regional and national artists showcase their talents in the city's first Saturday SLAM Series. Special thanks to presenting sponsor Coca-Cola and media sponsor The Wiz.
· Toyota Movie Night: 7-9pm Back by popular demand, the Square turns into a drive-in movie (without the cars) for a family-friendly film every Sunday night. Certain weeks will have special features including "Coraline" in 3D on June 26 and on July 17 bring your pets to the Square for the flick "Cats & Dogs" . Special thanks to presenting sponsor Bella Sera and media sponsors MOJO 100.3 and Yelp.com.
For a full list of PNC Music Series bands and Toyota Movie Night features, please visit their website.
One-time events produced by 3CDC are:
· Indie Craft Market: Friday, June 17, 5pm-11pm Cincinnati is home to many creative, independent artists and designers. The craft market will bring their wares before a perfect audience and add a new dimension to the regular Friday night Indie Summer music series.
· Cincy Apparel T-Shirt Market: Friday, July 15, 11am-11pm This is the fourth year for the Cincinnati-centric T-shirt market brought to you by local vendors and sponsored by Cincy Apparel.
All events will have food at the Skyline Tent.